August 16, 2010
Questions for the Democrats Who Wish to Raise Taxes
1) By allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire, will it be easier or more difficult for companies to turn a profit? (Profitability influences job creation/destruction)
2) By increasing taxes on investments (known as capital gains taxes), how does this encourage increased investment in the United States by foreign companies? (FDI or foreign direct investment influences job creation as well).
3) By increasing taxes on investments (known as capital gains taxes), how does this encourage increased investment in the United States by domestic companies versus making investments abroad? (This obviously has an influence on jobs).
4) It has been said that only 2% of small businesses will be affected by the tax increases? Do these (the best of the best presumably) companies not create jobs? Will these companies have an easier time creating jobs after their taxes increase?
5) According to Morgan Stanley, if the Bush tax cuts expire, they will reduce their GDP forecast for 2011 from 3% to 2.5% (at the least). Does this decrease in GDP help create jobs?
6) Have you ever taken a course on economics? If so, do you recall any principles of job creation through the means of increased taxation?
Popular This Month
TRUE PROGRESSIVISM: A LESSON FROM TEDDY ROOSEVELT I've noticed in the health care debate that liberals are constantly digging up Te...
Milton Friedman discusses the problem with government support of companies through subsidies. Think about the consumer and choice. Do they...
“In the age of financial regulation reform, everyone forgets that the last time we had financial regulatory reform, it l...
It is evident that the American people want cuts in government spending and entitlements. However, as recent poll suggests, a variety of di...